Location: Dhahran (Tornado)
The jobholder will provide Engineering governance, management and programme schedule, process management, Engineering support solutions and recommendations for RSAF Tornado Aircrew Training Devices (ATDs) within the RSAF Tornado Programme. The jobholder will be engaged across all aspects of the Project and Engineering Life Cycle of ATD including responsibilities for Installation and Commissioning, In Service Support, Modification and upgrade and removal from service. Responsible for training and mentoring activities in respect of Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) Trainees.
- Co-ordinate and control implementation of equipment delivery, installation and commissioning programmes and monitor the specialist equipment subcontractors’ progress against plan.
- Act as the senior systems engineering representative on site and report to the Engineering Manager – Technical & Maintenance in the application and execution of engineering policy responsibilities and requirements as defined in the Project and Quality Plan to meet Operational Framework and Life Cycle Management mandates.
- Address and resolve equipment delivery and installation issues, provision of RSAF dependencies and RSAF agreements required to maintain progress on system installation and testing.
- Identify and record risks and mitigation strategies in accordance with the prescribed risk management process.
- Establish and maintain close working relations with RSAF, MoDSAP, Supplier & BAE Systems personnel to answer queries, co-ordinate provision of dependencies and resolve day to day issues. Provide the engineering interface with the Supply Chain to address and resolve issues.
- Provide written reports in accordance with the agreed project reporting cycle.
- Co-ordinate system acceptance testing leading up to RSAF acceptance of the integrated system.
- Undertake engineering investigations to identify and resolve facility to equipment interface issues with the equipment suppliers and construction contractor.
- Lead and participate in project reviews with RSAF, construction contractor and equipment suppliers.
- Lead on engineering aspects of COMIS / CLS within individual ATD projects.
- Lead on engineering aspects of IKIP within individual ATD projects.
- Prepare reports and presentations on issues for review and discussion at formal meetings with the customer.
- Establish an accurate understanding of the Customer’s concerns and requirements, through regular and direct contact with RSAF and MoDSAP personnel.
- Direct contribution to the achievement of Value Plan objectives and payment milestones.
- Educated to HND level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- An Engineering professional with extensive experience within BAE Systems in a relevant engineering role or extensive experience outside BAE Systems in the flight simulation or aircraft training device field.
- Demonstrated practical experience across the Engineering Life Cycle management Phases engaged on complex and integrated electronic, visual display and communications within the military domain.
- Possess deep understanding of hardware and software systems related to military ATD equipment.
- Experienced and skilled in technical discussions/negotiations, with commercial awareness, regarding contractual arrangements affecting engineering relationships with Customers, Partners and suppliers.
- Extensive understanding of engineering, design, airworthiness and quality standards.
- Understanding of Airworthiness and Design Authority functions and safety management systems within an aerospace environment.
- Proven experience of working closely with customers and have the capability to perform in a small multi-functional team.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and expertise efficiently to resolving problems without the need to rely on others.
- Understanding of In-Kingdom Industrial Participation (IKIP) aligned with ability to fully contribute to the identification of opportunities and implementation and delivery of capability.
- Previous experience of Engineering support aspects of COMIS / CLS.
- Ability to programme manage and schedule, define task objectives, prioritise and rationalise to achieve the optimum solution.
- Must possess good communication skills in all forms and excellent interpersonal skills.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.saudicareers.co.uk/ →