- Management of the maintenance system testing programme for Tornado PE2 aircraft.
- Management of the Mechanical System Testing requirements of the PE2 servicing schedule, unscheduled maintenance, TCTOs and Sis on his designated aircraft Takt.
- Management and supervision of the Takt Team Technicians.
- May be required to provide support to the RSAF away from TMSC.
- Aircraft Maintenance and Planning
- First Stage/Mandatory and Independent certification of completed tasks carried out by the Takt Team Technicians when required to do so.
- Plans and co-ordinates, the scheduled airframe maintenance activities to meet the aircraft maintenance programme as defined in the aircraft project plan and the maintenance content, which is detailed in the PE2 DMS engineering, unscheduled maintenance (Emergent/Unplanned), TCTOs and SIs.
- Co-ordinates access for all trades and inspectors on his aircraft.
- Prioritises tasks according to the aircraft schedule
- Monitors and provides daily updates of the aircraft’s progress against the programme; these updates are via the agreed IT based application and verbal briefs.
- Highlights to the Operations Team Leader, issues likely to impact the aircraft programme.
- Ensures timely and accurate information is supplied when submitting AES and Technical Queries. Budgetary Control costs by:
- Accurate estimates of ‘additional work’ content and hours.
- Limits the requirement for overtime by effective planning and the use of flexi-time.
Manpower Management & Control
- Management of a varied trade Takt team.
- Takes action to address poor performance and disciplinary matters.
Quality Assurance and Control
- Has responsibility, as far as is considered fair and practicable, for ensuring the personnel he is supervising have the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out the task in hand and that the task is completed I.A.W. RSAF TOs/publications, TMSC Quality system process and M&CA mandates.
- Provides sufficient direct supervision of personnel to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Investigates and provides reports on technical issues and accident/incident events.
- Ensures effective housekeeping programme is maintained.
- Prepares for and co-operates with all internal/external audits.
Co-ordination of Technical Activities
- Ensures that sound maintenance practices and documentation procedures are followed at all times.
- Before delegating any task, ensures all personnel are authorised/certified to accomplish the task.
- Ascertains that pre use checks are carried out as required, on the equipment used in the task he is supervising.
Manpower training and Certification
- Provides on-the-job theory and practical training.
- Promotes the personal development of himself and others.
- Assesses the competency of team personnel and informs the Operation Team Leader of any deficiencies.
- Certifies personnel for specific tasks when certified as a ‘Work Place Trainer’.
- Ensures accurate demands for replacement components/parts, are placed as soon as possible.
- Ensures the required by and impact dates for demands are accurately recorded.
- Monitors the forecast date for demands in conjunction with the project plan and places on the ‘critical list’ any that are likely to impact the programme.
- Highlights to the Operations Team Leader demands likely to impact the aircraft programme.
- Ascertains whether serviceable and calibrated test equipment is available for the planned tasks, and if not informs the Operations Team Leader.
- Deputises, if required, for the Operations Team Leader.
- Establishes and maintains positive relations with TMSC’s internal and external customers.
- Has and promotes understanding of the commercial issues related to TMSC within the Takt Team.
- Ensures accurate information flow is maintained to and from his designated area of responsibility.
- Qualifications: National civilian / military equivalent recognised aircraft maintenance traineeship / apprenticeship
- Extensive post qualification practical maintenance experience within operational flying aircraft environment supported by formal recorded workplace applied related training OR comprehensive on Tornado airframe system testing.
- Relevant Type specific training.
- Must have an understanding and application of human factors, error management, health & safety and proactive hazard analysis, appropriate to the role. Be able to work
- Must hold a current driving licence
- Computer literate with a understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
- A sound understanding of the RSAF 4-1-7166 series and supporting technical publications applicable to his work area
- An understanding of the RSAF Operation and working practices
- Working knowledge of Q-pulse, DMS and an understanding of M&CA processes.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and utilities, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
To apply for this job please visit baesystems.taleo.net.