West Midlands & Wales Region
Competitive salary, plus car, bonus, and benefits
Are you a commercially driven, strategic and dynamic business leader looking for your next challenge?
We are seeking a Business Director to join our senior leadership team within ESS – Defence, Marine & Aerospace business. This role will direct and control all business operations within our Nations Armed Forces across the West Midlands and Wales region, steering the company to strategic success.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting and leading a successful strategy for growth and retention for the business whilst making clear improvements in the commercial and service delivery performance of existing business to maximise profitability and service delivery.
- Responsible for implementing and driving the business plan in line with the wider business, monitoring progress against all deliverables to ensure that the business reaches all its planned objectives and complies all health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to your wider management team, ensuring the development of a successful cohort of managers whose development underpins the formation of a strong, resilient, and robust talent pipeline promoting and driving a highly inclusive culture.
- Direct and control the work and resources of the business and, through the analysis of data and by forming accurate forecasts ensure optimal levels of productivity across your areas of business.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that all budgeted outcomes are met, revenue flows are maximised, fixed costs are minimised and consistent margin progression.
- Represent the Company in negotiations and meetings with key customers, suppliers, government departments, industry bodies and other stakeholders to secure consistently optimal outcomes for the Company.
- Build a strong business network and establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with senior and operational clients, stay close to the voice of the customer and ensure that appropriate and effective service delivery solutions are in placer across the business.
Who are you?
- A proven record of success in senior level general or commercial management, preferably in a related industry.
- Senior level experience of management of people and resources.
- Graduate level of intellect with, potentially, a higher degree in a management discipline or a professional qualification.
- A wide knowledge of the Facilities Management industry with experience gained in the Defence, Marine and Aerospace sector.
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Political and presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements.
- You will ideally have a high level of commercial awareness and someone who strives for excellence.
To apply for this job please visit www.inploi.com.