RINA S&D UK
RINA is a global company with 160 years of experience across multiple industries and is looking for a Graduate Consultant to join the Space & Defence UK business unit due to continued growth and success.
The graduate consultant role will support the delivery of safety consultancy services for our customers and contribute to the RINA Space & Defence UK’s (S&D UK) further development and growth.
The holder is required to support the delivery of safety assurance and compliance project/task outputs and completion of the graduate training package under the supervision of a nominated Senior Consultant.
The role may involve UK travel (with potential overseas travel) to support S&D UK’s customers onsite, delivering safety assurance and compliance tasks on a range of programmes.
- Safety Engineering: Delivery of Safety Support tasks to contribute to the delivery of programmes on time, to budget, and to the required quality;
- Project Management: Provision of support including reporting on productivity and other performance indicators to management team performance;
- Bid Writing: Support to bids, proposals, analysis and report writing;
- Capability Growth: Assist the Capability Manager with developing new capability in order to meet new and emerging market demands; and
- Training: Completion of the training package below within 18 months:
Hazard and Risk Analysis
Understanding Safety Cases
Basic Project Management
Safety and Environmental Management Training (SEMT).
- BEng, MEng or MSc in an engineering or safety discipline;
- Engineering or operating experience in the maritime domain from either shore organisations or at sea operating (desirable);
- Ability / eligibility to achieve Security Clearance.
- Awareness of safety policies / frameworks such as ISO 31000;
- Training, education or experience in safety analytical techniques such as: Bowtie analysis, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Event Tree Analysis (ETA) or Hazard; and identification, analysis and reporting; and
- Awareness of how safety is implemented in the maritime domain including the role of UK regulators.
- Evidence of professional development in safety or maritime compliance;
- Evidence of recent safety and/or maritime experience, education and/or training; and
- Evidence of successfully delivering tasks to time and quality.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders to establish strong and effective working relationships;
- Able to apply a logical and tailored approach to present ideas successfully;
- Effective time management with good communication and listening skills with a flexible and positive approach to work;
- Mature report writing skills and high standards of written and verbal outputs; and
- Competent use of the Microsoft Office software suite.
In addition to the below you will become part of our growing global team, you will find yourself working with world-class professionals and clients in a variety of market sectors.
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays);
- Option to buy more holiday;
- Support of Military Reservists – 5 additional unpaid days;
- Healthcare cover (Family can be added at an additional cost);
- Matched 6% pension;
- Life Assurance;
- Professional development to become chartered;
- Pay for professional membership;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Employee perks – retail discounts;
- Generous recruitment referral bonus;
- 4 half days paid leave for STEM Ambassadors;
- Season ticket loan.
Who are RINA
RINA is a global corporation providing testing, inspection, certification and consulting services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors. We have been at the forefront of providing innovative and technical solutions for more than 150 years, working closely with clients as a trusted partner, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way. Through a global network of 3,900 talented professionals, operating in 200 offices in 70 countries, we support our clients across the entire life cycle of their projects.
About RINA S&D UK
RINA S&D UK has been awarded Silver status with the Armed Forces Covenant Employers Recognition Scheme and proudly supports those who serve
RINA S&D UK is a key technical engineering partner to the defence sector, providing a portfolio of consultancy services and with a proven track record in supporting government defence ministries, space agencies and prime contractors on complex projects.
We provide services across Safety & Environmental compliance, Systems Engineering, ILS, Business Analytics & Cost Modelling, Electromagnetic Compatibility, and Training & Learning solutions, and many of our team members have worked directly in the defence sector, so understand its culture and complexities.
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.
To apply for this job please visit rina.altamiraweb.com.