Location: Penrith, Carlisle, GB, CA11 9FB
Company: Greggs Plc
£36,818 per annum
For this Engineer role, you’ll work 44 hours a week, consisting of a rotating shift pattern. Shifts will fall between Monday – Friday on days and back shifts, ranging from 6am until 10pm. The shift pattern also includes working 19 Saturdays per year.
You’ll fit right in at Greggs as a Maintenance Engineer if:
- You’re ready to join a team of great people and progress your engineering career with an industry leader. Having lots of fun along the way!
- You are supportive of an inclusive culture – recognising and valuing that difference is good.
- You’ve got a multi-skilled manufacturing background, ideally within the food or FMCG sectors.
- You’re electrically biased, multi-skilled and at a minimum, trained to an apprentice level.
- You know what you’re talking about when it comes to PLC automated control systems, processes, fault-finding and analysis (particularly Siemens TIA Portal and Step 5/7 operating systems, Allen Bradley / Mitsubishi).
- You’re experienced with Microsoft 360 packages, SAP systems and are familiar with CMMS (or other), Agility experience would be advantageous.
- You’re comfortable communicating with a wide variety of people, and you have the confidence to respond positively when under pressure.
- You can show us that you’re able to comply with Health and Safety and Food Safety standards, which are very important us here at Greggs.
What we can offer
As well as a non-stop working environment, and a rewarding feeling of accomplishment and teamwork, we have a whole range of perks that you can take advantage of:
- Career progression and brilliant training programmes
- Employee Staff Discount up to 50% off our food
- Holiday entitlement starting at 4.2 weeks and increasing with service, plus bank holidays (Pro-rata for part-time)
- Profit share scheme (after 6 months service)
- Plus, much more!
Read all about our fantastic benefits by clicking here.
We love to see our people flourish and go as far as they want to with their careers with Greggs. So, if you want to progress further in your career with Greggs, we’ll support you every step of the way.
What you’ll do
This friendly and supportive Site Engineering team is led by the Engineering Manager who will be on hand to guide and advise you through your Engineering career at Greggs.
Our food manufacturing/production sites use automated and semi-automated lines to produce great products as efficiently as possible. Your time will be split between developing engineering improvements to an ever-changing environment and reacting to problems on a daily basis. Finding solutions to breakdowns quickly and effectively, comfortably engaging with the site teams to monitor plant performance and equipment reliability, all in line with our policies and procedures, are all important parts of this key role.
You will work to safely maintain and improve the performance of production facilities, equipment and services, delivering maintenance excellence in a planned preventive way. You’ll work collaboratively within and across the site teams, including with the Maintenance Manager, Team Members and other departments.
Here at Greggs, we love what we do and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We’re hard-working, but above all else we’re family; and it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views.
If you don’t already have a profile on the Greggs Family site, set one up and you’ll be ready to apply for any roles that take your fancy. If you need help or have any questions, we are here for you.
Contact us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.