Location: Penrith Carlisle, GB, CA11 9FB
Company: Greggs Plc
Temp until 24/12/2021
£9.78 per hour, plus shift premium, which include:
+12.5% for hours worked between 6pm–10pm
+25% for hours worked between 10pm-6am
Full-Time and Part-Time roles available
Up to 39 hours per week
Shifts available Monday – Saturday
Day Shift – start times between 6:00am & 09:30am
Back Shift – start times between 2pm & 3pm Monday – Friday (Full Time roles only)
You’ll fit right into Greggs as a Production Operative if:
- You’re comfortable with handling, preparing and baking food and you’ve ideally had experience of working in a food manufacturing environment.
- You have pride in the quality of the products you produce.
- You’re experienced in following processes and procedures and working in a fast-paced environment where timescales are important.
- You’re comfortable with standing for long periods of time, lifting and carrying, as well as other tasks such as cleaning.
- You’ve had some exposure to using SAP systems (desirable)
- You are a great team player – respectful and appreciative towards our Greggs Family.
- You are supportive of an inclusive culture – recognising and valuing that difference is good.
- You are friendly, honest and hardworking and enjoy some fun at work!
What we can offer
Our supply sites are a non-stop environment, where every shift seems to fly by. As well as a rewarding feeling of accomplishment and teamwork, we have a whole range of perks that you can take advantage of!
- Career progression and brilliant training programmes.
- Employee Staff Discount up to 50% off our food.
- Holiday entitlement starting at 4.2 weeks and increasing with service, plus bank holidays (Pro-rata for part time).
- Profit share scheme (after 6 months service).
- Plus, much more!
Read all about our fantastic benefits by clicking here.
As a company that always looks to innovate and move forward, we love it when our people progress through the business. If career progression is something that is up your street, then we have training and development courses available and we’ll support you every step of the way.
What you’ll do
As a Production Operative, you’ll play a major part in making and packing some of the nation’s much-loved products. You’ll have a passion for quality and follow all the correct processes and procedures to ensure the best products are made and our customers are satisfied. Your role involves working with a great, close-knit team, under pressure in a fast-paced, high performance environment. Working in a food production environment means that sometimes you’ll be exposed to flour and dust which isn’t the ideal surrounding should you have a respiratory condition.
Here at Greggs, we love what we do and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We’re hard-working, but above all else we’re family; and it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views.
If you don’t already have a profile on the Greggs Family site, set one up and you’ll be ready to apply for any roles that take your fancy. If you need help or have any questions, we are here for you.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.