Morrison Utility Services
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a SHEQ Advisor work on our Severn Trent Water contract in the Central Midlands.
As a SHEQ Advisor you will deliver Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality advice, instruction, mentoring and guidance for the Severn Trent Water contract. Located in the Birmingham area (you must be able to commute to this area on a daily basis) to cover Gloucestershire, Birmingham, Shrewsbury and Coventry including occasional visits to the main office at Derby and other areas as required.
As a SHEQ Advisor your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Determine and ensure site compliance against company, client and legislative requirements
- Foster and mentor the development of SHEQ skills within operational line management and site operatives
- Support and assist the MUS SHEQ Manager on aspects of Process Safety, Morrison Operating Procedures, assurance and compliance
- Undertake inspections / audits on the contracts and identify areas for improvement
- Delivery of MUS Group training courses, initiatives and contract inductions
- Support local operational line management with Incident and Accident investigations including Root Cause Analysis reports as directed in a timely manner
- Build, develop and deliver briefings, presentations, Tool Box Talks and other Stand Down events
- To ensure consistent implementation of SHEQ standards across the contract
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- NEBOSH Construction/General Certificate
- Full UK Driving License
- Ability to recommend preventative action, develop new initiatives and co-ordinate to ensure their implementation
- CSCS card or equivalent
- Awareness of Health and Wellbeing good practice
- Strong communicator with an ability to advise on SHEQ matters across the contractual area of operations
- Ability to deliver at operator level contractual SHEQ initiatives and communications across the project area
- The ability to work alone, respond quickly to incidents on the contract and co-ordinate investigations
- An understanding of the Clean Water system and non-infrastructure capital works
- A sound knowledge of IT skills, Microsoft office products and database platforms
- Good report writing skills
- Relevant EUSR qualifications such as; Nation water hygiene/Water SHEA
- New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) card
- Experience within the water industry
- Environmental Qualifications
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company car with business only fuel card
- Company reward schemes
Hours of work will be 42 contracted hours per week from 7:00am to 4:00pm however, you may be required to undertake out of hours audits and investigations.
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
To apply for this job please visit search-jobs.morrisonusrecruit.com.