The Call of Duty Endowment has begun its application process for the sixth annual “Seal of Distinction” Awards, recognising U.S. and U.K. based non-profits that demonstrate the highest levels of effectiveness, efficiency, and integrity in placing ex-service personnel into high-quality jobs…
The prestigious award for grantees is accompanied by a £23,000 unrestricted grant, as well as the opportunity to apply for future funding. Past UK beneficiaries include RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity, and Walking With the Wounded.
Applications will be accepted until June 1st, 2018. Nominees for the ‘Seal of Distinction’ must meet a number of criteria, including:
- applicants must be charitable/non-profit organisations
- their mission must include directly assisting unemployed and underemployed ex-service personnel to find high quality jobs
- they must complete an application, provide requested documentation and be prepared to submit to verification procedures by Deloitte
- applicants will be assessed by metrics including, the number of ex-service personnel placed in jobs, the quality of those placements, average cost-per-placement, average starting salary, six- and twelve-month retention rate, key employee background checks, and a variety of organisational and financial health indicators
- they must not be a previous Seal of Distinction winner
In the last year alone, organisations supported by the Endowment placed 11,974 ex-service personnel in jobs at an average cost-per-placement of $504.