Location: Taif (Typhoon)
Reporting to the Typhoon Support Centre (TSC) Fleet Information Manager, the job holder will be the primary point of contact for the co-ordination and management of all Typhoon Technical Instructions (TIs) on behalf of the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in order to resolve safety and airworthiness issues.
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of all TIs, including liaising with Industry Airworthiness Authorities for the nationalisation of RSAF TIs as appropriate, development of RSAF Engineering Authority TIs and co-ordination of all TI kits with RSAF Supply.
A key element of this role will be to provide a proactive TI management service interfacing with multiple organisations within the RSAF and Industry to support Typhoon operational and maintenance tasks. The role will interface directly with the RSAF at all levels helping their understanding of the Typhoon Technical Instructions requirements. In addition, this role is to assist with the development of Saudi National expertise in the Typhoon Technical Instructions management requirements. Responsible for training and mentoring activities in respect of (RSAF) Trainees.
- Provide a focal point within the TSC for all tasks associated with the management of all Technical Instructions applicable to the RSAF Typhoon fleet including Technical Warnings (TWs), Special Flying Instructions (SFIs) and Special Technical Orders for either an Inspection requirement (STO/Is) or a configuration change (STO/Cs).
- Provide the primary interface into BAE Systems (BAES) Airworthiness Authority for the nationalisation of RSAF TIs and management of in-service queries relating to issued TIs.
- Provide the primary interface into the RSAF HQ for the approval and authorisation of Technical Instructions.
- Provide support to TSC fleet management and Forward Operations maintenance management personnel for the prioritisation and implementation planning of technical instructions.
- Co-ordinate the development of RSAF Engineering Authority (EA) Technical Instructions with relevant TSC Technical Specialists and Forward Operations maintenance personnel including validation and First Time Compliance.
- Liaise with maintenance management personnel in order gain feedback and issues relating to Technical Instructions
- Co-ordinate the development and issue of Technical Instruction kits and material with RSAF Typhoon Supply agencies to support the timely embodiment in accordance with time compliance periods.
- Develop and maintain RSAF Policies and Procedures relevant to the handling of Technical Instructions
- To receive, store, configure and distribute technical instructions to relevant end-users
- Ensuring technical instructions are current and kept under strict configuration control
- Maintain a database of all Technical Instructions such that they can be individually tracked from issue to completion with a data retrieval system for the preparation of Performance Metrics and Status Reports.
- Analysis of technical specialist reports and data provided by ISDM Team in order to identify trends in maintenance and operational problem areas relevant to technical instructions requirements to identify where improvements can be made
- Providing structured On-the-Job training for RSAF and/or Saudi National technical instructions management staff, in form of training, coaching, work experience and mentoring as appropriate.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent (HND / HNC) in an Aeronautical / Mechanical engineering discipline.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the operation, maintenance and support of modern combat aircraft systems and their relevant maintenance management systems and airworthiness Technical Instructions processes and comprehensive gained practical experience.
- Existing knowledge of the RAF technical instructions management requirements would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of the Typhoon Engineering Support System (ESS) and requirements for continuing airworthiness management.
- Ideally from within the BAE SYSTEMS Typhoon community or currently serving within the RAF on Typhoon to ensure familiarity with Typhoon and its TI management requirements, including the data management requirements within ESS.
- Candidates from a non-Typhoon background or with other relevant experience gained with another Customer air force will be considered where-by additional training can be provided.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.
To apply for this job please visit www.saudicareers.co.uk.