More often than not, we all walk away from a scenario, be it an interview or a meeting, thinking “I wish I had asked that!” or “why didn’t I mention this?”
This may still be the case as conversations spark new ideas in our mind, however reduce the risk of this feeling by writing down questions in advance. Think of what information it is you want to glean from a particular stand and base your questions around this.
3. Dress For The Occasion
It maybe second nature to some, but I would reiterate the importance of first impressions and for some on the day looking to gain employment, this could be the first meeting with a potential new employer – so make it count!
4. What To Bring Along With You
- Bring along a folder to keep business cards or exhibitor information handed out to you
- Bring along your CV (numerous copies)
- Bring along any supporting evidence if you are looking to discuss pension or legal advice
- Bring a notepad and pen – always handy to take notes of conversations before you move onto the next exhibitor
- Bring along a confident attitude – you have done your research, dressed smartly and look the part, now is the time to act the part and also enjoy meeting new people, all looking to help you in your next step
All the best with the event and the experience and remember, Pathfinder staff are on hand to assist with any queries and help make that all important first ice breaker with an exhibitor on the day of the event in Nottingham.