Location: Jubail, Saudi Arabia
BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia.
BAE Systems Saudi Arabia is committed to supporting the Saudi Arabian National Agenda including Saudisation and the training and development of Saudi National capability through the growth of the Saudi National Partner Companies thereby reinforcing Industrialisation and Partnerships.
The post holder will be responsible for curriculum management, development and delivery for projects and tasks within the National Maritime Academy (NMA).
To manage the delivery of UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA), Transport General Authority (TGA) and Saudi Ports Authority (SPA) training programmes. The programmes will include Engine Ratings; Engineering Officer of the Watch, Electro-Technical Officer of the watch and senior certification courses up to and including Chief Engineer.
The post holder will be required to lead a multi-disciplinary team to ensure effective training delivery with high levels of student success, continuity of UK MCA approval, academic awarding bodies approval, both in the UK and KSA, and development of the associated curriculum.
The curriculum will be delivered in a purpose built facility; using innovative pedagogy to enhance the learner experience and utilising advanced simulation and emulation techniques.
The Post holder will be expected to deliver over 800 hours of training and develop curriculum as required by the needs of the NMA.
The post holder is responsible for the following:
- To assist the NMA Principal in implementing the associated policies and procedures within the NMA
- To assist the NMA Principal in the implementation of the NMA’s commercial strategies in line with the NMA’s strategic priorities
- To manage the development of curriculum team groupings to promote an industry focused tertiary educational model
- To manage and inspire staff to be creative and innovative in all aspects of pedagogy and to embed Blended Learning across all curriculum areas
- To assist the NMA Principal in the operational planning and delivery of the NMA’s curriculum provision targets
- To assist the NMA Principal in ensuring all courses within the area of responsibility have the awarding body approvals
- To assist the NMA Principal in the development of a QMS that meets the needs of the Industry, NMA and the awarding bodies
- Ensure performance targets within the area of responsibility are met
- To manage and provide direction to a team in order to provide a valuable learner experience
- To assist the NMA Principal in the development of a planned maintenance schedule (PMS) for all teaching and learning equipment within the area of responsibility
- To ensure teaching content and methods of delivery are compliant with NMA’s standards; are fully accessible and enhance equality and inclusion.
- To be a champion of change, communication, continuous improvement and empowerment, securing motivation, loyalty and the support of direct reports in particular and staff in general.
- To ensure regular team meetings with all direct reports
- Ensure direct reports receive regular feedback on their performance
- To be accountable for the delivery of teaching and learning and ensuring it is of the highest standard and responsive to the needs of the students, including, in particular:
- Establishing and maintaining high levels of professional conduct in the area of responsibility
- Managing and being accountable for, improvements in the quality of teaching and learning delivered by the curriculum area
- Ensuring that the targets for the improvement in quality of learning, teaching and attainment for the Curriculum area are achieved
- Managing and being accountable for the sustained improvements in students’ achievement within the Curriculum area
- Ensuring that the targets for students’ recruitment, retention and achievement are achieved.
- Managing the student disciplinary process and conduct within the Curriculum area
- To ensure that coherent academic guidance systems are in place and implemented in line with NMA policy
- To manage and ensure course approvals for each course from the MCA and other awarding bodies.
- To lead and manage the Industrial Experience component of the Marine Engineering Cadet Training programme
- To be responsible for the safe operations of the Marine Engineering Workshop
- To lead and manage the Marine Abrasive Wheels course
- To be responsible for the MCA approved engine course and the retention of approval from the MCA
- To be responsible for the development and delivery of ETO workshop skills course including GMDSS maintenance and electrical vessel maintenance and automation
- To be responsible for the proper functioning and resourcing of the Engine Simulators and liaise with the NMA IT team to ensure that the Simulator hardware and software are maintained as per the service agreement with the suppliers and college planned maintenance system.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of student records as required by the MCA
- To lead and further develop Marine Engineering management level course provision
- To manage High Voltage courses at operational and management level
- To be responsible for the development and management of PMS for the High Voltage Equipment.
- To be responsible for the project management of new bespoke marine engineering commercial courses.
- To act as a College TRB advisor for all students following an engineering route.
- To manage and be responsible for the college signoff of all ME TRBs.
- To manage and lead the preparatory course for IAMI written and MCA orals examinations
The post holder must hold the following:
- A Class 1 Chief Engineer
- Experience of operational management in curriculum delivery including the effective development, deployment and leadership of staff
- Experience in the planning, development, approval and the delivery of Marine Engineering core curriculum and the underpinning knowledge as per the STCW
- Significant experience in the planning, development, approval and the delivery of STCW short courses
- An ability to build effective and financially beneficial working relationships with industry to drive and deliver dynamic, creative and innovative learning
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals and customers at all levels (internal and external)
- Highly developed communication, liaison and networking skills
- The ability to analyse, solve problems and implement change with a successful track record of managing and delivering change
- a strong sense of purpose and proven experience of exceeding agreed goals and KPIs
- The ability to manage budgets and meet financial targets; Excellent ICT Skills; ability to provide management level reportage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information clearly and effectively
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines to the satisfaction of all parties
- The ability to delegate effectively and manage the performance of others
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed. On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.