Location: Millmarsh Lane, Enfield, Middl, GB, EN3 7PL
Company: Greggs Plc
£9.78 per hour upon completion of training for over 18’s (Plus shift premiums including 12.5% for back shift hours, double time on Sundays and overtime paid at time and a half). In addition, you receive a one hour paid lunch break.
Equivalent salary circa £25,000 per annum.
40 hours per week working 5 out of 7 days per week (Saturday-Sunday) with weekend working on a rotational basis; 2 weekends on, 2 weekends off.
Shift start times will fall between 12pm and 4pm Sunday to Friday, and 1pm on Saturdays.
What we can offer
Our benefits are second to none! From staff discount saving you £100’s per year, to our employee assistance program, to our training and development. We, understand what our People want is to feel safe, secure and valued. Read on to find out why our employees love working for us, and why you will too:
- Fancy a sausage roll for just 50p, or maybe a Ham and Cheese Baguette for £1.70 instead of £3.40? Sounds good, right! With our 50% off Greggs’ products as part of our employee discount scheme you could save yourself, £975 per year if you used only 75% of the discount available.
- We know you’ll work hard, and everyone deserves a break so we offer 21 days annual leave pro-rata, as standard (increasing with service) PLUS Bank Holidays
- We also share our company profits with all of our employees who have more than 6 months service. We want everyone to share in the success of the business so we distribute 10% of our profits to all eligible employees each year.
But hang on…There’s more!
- We have a great pension scheme, starting at 4%, and one and a half years’ salary in life assurance.
- We have a history in supporting our local communities and charities, check out the Greggs Foundation. Our employees love this aspect of our business and we support anyone who wants to contribute to charities close to their heart through matched fundraising.
- We have a very competitive Cycle to Work Scheme and actively support our employees’ well-being through many avenues including our 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme with Unum Lifeworks which is available to everyone who works for us.
- You will be invited to access the Unum Lifeworks App where you can access some fantastic perks and discounts. You can make some great savings on everyday essential’s such as grocery shopping or those treats we work hard for, cinema tickets, theme parks, holidays, restaurants and big brands such as Ray Ban and Apple. (There are too many to mention!)
- Your feedback, thoughts and opinions are important to us too. We listen to our people through regular employee surveys and everyone in Greggs can share their great ideas to help improve our business.
You’ll fit right into Greggs as a Warehouse Operative if:
- You’ve ideally had previous experience of working in food manufacturing or have food handling experience in a warehouse environment.
- You’re comfortable with standing for long periods of time, lifting and carrying, as well as other tasks such as cleaning.
- You’re able to work in cold/frozen areas of the warehouse.
- You’re experienced in following processes and procedures and working in a fast-paced environment where timescales are important.
- You’ve had some exposure working with SAP systems (desirable).
- You are a great team player – respectful and appreciative towards our Greggs Family.
- You are supportive of an inclusive culture – recognising and valuing that difference is good.
- You are friendly, honest and hardworking and enjoy some fun at work!
What you’ll do
As a Warehouse Operative you’ll play a key role in making sure our shops get all of the items they have ordered so that they can give our loyal Greggs customers a great customer service.
You’ll be handling boxes, picking products and packing, pushing and pulling cages around the warehouse. You’ll work with the best systems to make sure each order is accurate but you’ll still need a good eye for detail.
We definitely don’t want any soggy sausage rolls so you’ll need to make sure our trucks are at the right temperature ready to load and products are loaded in to the correct compartment for ambient, chill or frozen.
You’ll work as part of a great team to so all of this hard work helps our Drivers to maximise as much delivery time as they can.
Here at Greggs, we love what we do and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We’re hard-working, but above all else we’re family; and it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views.
If you don’t already have a profile on the Greggs Family site, set one up and you’ll be ready to apply for any roles that take your fancy. If you need help or have any questions, we are here for you.
Contact us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.