There’s not long until the 6th Armed Forces & Veterans Resettlement Expo taking place at The King’s Centre, Oxford on Thursday April 21 from 09:30 – 12:30.
Invitation is free to anyone from the forces community with over 30 exhibitors on show.
We continue our focus on the exhibitors with a look at the Military Provost Guard Service (MPGS)
The Military Provost Guard Service (MPGS) provides professional soldiers to meet armed / unarmed security requirements at Royal Navy, Army, RAF and other MOD bases within mainland UK. Our primary role is to counter the traditional and non-traditional threat posed to military sites. Our duties include:
• Controlling access and egress to a site,
• Managing control room operations,
• Foot and vehicle Patrols to maintain a visual deterrent and
• Incident management, such as suspicious packages, bomb
threats, protests, etc.
• Ensuring all visitors are dealt with efficiently,
• Military Working Dog services at some sites.
Adhering to a Local Military Service Engagement contract MPGS soldiers have an ability choose from over 100 sites where they serve, providing there is a vacancy. A competitive salary starting at over £21K, non-contributory pension, free health & dental, service accommodation, 38 day annual leave, and many more military entitlements are available.