With the Armed Forces & Veterans Resettlement Expo Bristol just under 2 weeks away, we thought we would take a look at our exhibitors on the day (40 of them to be precise) continuing with MPGS, who will be in attendance with advice on how to transfer over or join up after a spell in civilian life.
To register for free for this event (open to serving personnel, veterans, spouses and families) please see the link HERE
More about MPGS…
The Military Provost Guard Service (MPGS) provides professional soldiers to meet armed / unarmed security requirements at Royal Navy, Army, RAF and other MOD bases within mainland UK. Our primary role is to counter the traditional and non-traditional threat posed to military sites. Our duties include:
- Controlling access and egress to a site
- Managing control room operations
- Foot and vehicle Patrols to maintain a visual deterrent and perimeter security.
- Incident management, such as suspicious packages, bomb threats, protests, etc.
- Ensuring all visitors are dealt with efficiently
- Military Working Dog services at some sites.
Adhering to a Local Military Service Engagement contract MPGS soldiers have an ability choose from over 100 sites where they serve, providing there is a vacancy. A competitive salary starting at over £21K, non-contributory pension, free health & dental, service accommodation, 38 day annual leave, and many more military entitlements are available.