The Diamond anniversary marking the end of World War 2 in Europe will be remembered tomorrow.
Victory in Europe Day or VE Day was planned to be celebrated up and down the country this year, with street parties and festivals taking place.
With the current outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic meaning a UK lockdown, the proceedings will now be happening at home.
Many people are turning to decorating their homes and serving up food from that era. People can still print off the Pathfinder Support Our Services poster here – but we also have a suggested itinerary below and our VE Day quiz to come.
You can also still read our VE Day Special Issue from April here.
VE Day – Suggested Itinerary & Ideas
- First up, it is important to remember social distancing rules whilst enjoying the day
- Remember to display your Pathfinder Support Our Services poster and use the hashtag #SupportOurServices
- 11am – we pause for 2 minutes silence on your doorstep or at work for key workers
- 3pm – Winston Chruchill’s speech will be shown on BBC
- 4pm – Let the afternoon tea begin!
- 6pm – Time for Dinner and raise a glass to those who made the ultimate sacrifice
- 9pm – A nationwide sing-a-long to “We’ll Meet Again” with the Royal British Legion following the Queen’s address
For additional suggestions and recipes for typical VE Day food visit the following sites:
Enjoy your day and Lest we Forget.