The Veterans Awards are open to all Armed Forces Veterans, serving reservists, and those organisations and companies that support or employ from our military community.
The Veterans Awards are a not-for-profit organisation that promotes the positives from the Veteran Community and those people and bodies that support it. It’s been put together by Veterans for Veterans in what has become our home nations national awards with three separate veterans award ceremonies taking place in England, Scotland, and Wales, the Service Children awards in Wales, whilst also support the Northern Irish Veterans Awards.
Any money above and beyond costs is then distributed via a small grants scheme to smaller CICs and charities who work at grassroots level within the veterans community and have a turnover of under £100k per annum.
Key dates for your diary for the 2024 Awards:
Scottish Veterans Awards 2024
– Application Process Opened – 1st December 2023
– Application Process Closes – 23rd February 2024
– Shortlisted Filming Day – 13th March 2024 – The Castle Club, Edinburgh Castle
– Scottish Veterans Awards – 24th April 2024 – 5* Prestonfield House, Edinburgh
Welsh Veterans Awards 2024
– Application Process Opens – 1st March 2024
– Application Process Closes – 24th May 2024
– Shortlisted Filming Day – 12th June 2024 (Firing Line Museum, Cardiff Castle)
– Welsh Veterans Awards – 3rd July 2024 ( 4* Vale Resort)
English Veterans Awards 2024
– Application Process Opens – 1st June 2024
– Application Process Closes – 17th August 2024
– Filming & Certificate Day – TBC September 2024
– English Veterans Awards – 23rd October 2024 (4* De Vere – Wokefield Estate)
It is hoped that the individuals and organisations who are shortlisted for the awards can tell their stories and act as role models for future service leavers. The organisers plan to make a series of short videos from the shortlisted finalists giving tips and advice to help other service leavers, hopefully making the transition from military to civilian life that little bit easier.
The awards’ nominated charities are the amazing Army Benevolent Fund, the wonderful Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity, and the brilliant Little Troopers.
The awards are free to enter and all finalists are invited to attend certificate giving and networking day, before being invited to a black-tie gala awards evening, with a three-course meal and wine. All free of charge.
If you would like to find out more about the awards or nominate a person or organisation that goes above and beyond within our community, then please go to veteransawards.co.uk or email email@example.com
Positivity breeds positivity!