As one of the UK’s leading providers of health and safety training, we offer a comprehensive range of courses from the major providers. This includes the IOSH Managing Safely Course developed and certificated by IOSH.
What is IOSH?
IOSH stands for the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health. It is internationally respected as the world’s most prominent membership organisation for health and safety professionals, and has 47,000 members across 130 countries. In 2017, more than 179,000 people attended more than 15,000 IOSH courses in 74 countries.
However, providing professional development qualifications is only one aspect of what IOSH does. It also aims to raise and maintain standards, acting as a leading worldwide voice for the profession. Activities include promoting a code of conduct, as well as campaigning on safety and health issues that affect millions of lives. IOSH is committed to ensuring that workplaces and working practices are safe, healthy, and sustainable globally.
What is the IOSH Managing Safely Course?
IOSH Managing Safely is the most popular IOSH course both nationally and internationally. We offer remote learning, classroom and in-house training options, with classroom taking three days to complete. Designed for employees at management level, it provides a more in-depth understanding of health and safety issues required by employees with supervisory responsibilities.
Why choose an IOSH course?
IOSH has been providing health and safety courses and qualifications since its formation in 1945. In that time, it has developed a distinctive and well-rounded approach to training. Although they differ in many ways, all the IOSH courses we provide share some common features:
- Each IOSH course provides essential insights for candidates, with both written and practical assessments.
- IOSH courses also offer practical tools that enable individuals and organisations to create safer, healthier working environments – helping employers to minimise sickness absence, improve productivity, and deliver a variety of positive business benefits.
How does IOSH membership work?
Gaining an IOSH qualification does not automatically make you a member, but it does make you eligible to join. Becoming an IOSH member can make you more attractive to employers, so it is well worth considering if you have ambitions in the health and safety sector.
As your career progresses, you can move up the IOSH membership ladder, which has six levels:
- Affiliate Membership, open to everyone who pays the membership fee.
- Associate Membership (AIOSH), open to anyone who has completed a diploma-level health and safety qualification.
- Technical Membership (TechIOSH), mainly for employees who work full or part-time in a health and safety role, and are participating in a continuous professional development (CPD) programme.
- Graduate Membership (GradIOSH), open to those who have completed an IOSH-accredited degree-level qualification.
- Chartered Membership (CMIOSH), considered profession’s gold standard.
- Chartered Fellow, recognised as the pinnacle of the health and safety profession.
How Can I find out more information or book a place on a course?
To book a course, or to ask for advice about our courses, contact Stuart using any of the following methods:
Tel: 07841 023522
Dorset Health and Safety Limited – ELCAS Provider Number 8616